Professor - English
Literature and Language Arts
Courses I Teach
- History of Cinema,
A survey of world cinema, from the silent-era up to today
- Advanced Composition and Critical Thinking,
A course in classical rhetoric and how it may inform modern literary analysis
- "Intertextuality and the Chess Motif: Shakespeare, Middleton, Greenaway." Shakespeare, Italy and Intertextuality. Ed. Michele Marrapodi. Manchester: Manchester UP, 2005. 216-26.
- "Chaplin and Melies en abyme." Imaginaires 9 (2003): 365-75.
- "Sensuous Games: The Iconography of Chess in The Tempest." Shakespeare and Intertextuality. Rome: Bulzoni, 2000. 281-91.
- "Dickens with Kant and Sade." Style 29 (Fall 1995): 441-58.
- "Violence and the Scene of Writing." The Image of Violence. Ed. Will Wright and Stephen Kaplan. Colorado Springs: U of Southern Colorado, 1995. 351-6.
- "'still no writ(h)ing figure': Writing, Allegory and the Object of Fantasy in The Mystery of Edwin Drood." Dickens World 8 (Summer 1992): 98-121.